Sustainable Finance Update: February 2022
A look at what’s been happening in the sustainable finance market in Australia and abroad.
Welcome to NAB’s quarterly update on the sustainable finance markets from an Australasian perspective.
Investor and market news
- New Zealand announces issuance of sovereign green bond. BNZ appointed as Joint Structuring Advisor
- EU Taxonomy now covers certain gas and nuclear activities
- ESMA launches Call for Evidence on ESG ratings
Selected recent deals
- PAG Real Estate completes sustainability linked loan
- Metlifecare closes NZ’s biggest sustainability linked loan
- L&Q Housing completes sustainability linked bond, a first for the social housing sector
Focus article: Making an impact with affordable housing
Everyone deserves access to affordable, safe and appropriate housing, which is why NAB is helping close the gap in this important sector for our customers and communities.
In the news: More banks join forces on carbon market platform
NAB and the founding members of Project Carbon, a group of financial institutions developing a new technology platform for the voluntary carbon market, announced a new name for the initiative, and three new founding members.