FX and your business weekly podcast: 15 May 2021
Our new podcast series to help small to medium sized businesses make sense of current market movements. This week’s podcast includes a focus on inflation and FX implications .
In this week’s podcast, Phin Ziebell is joined by our Senior FX Currency Strategist, Rodrigo Catril and Senior Markets Manager, Chris O’Brien.
Phin and Rodrigo discuss inflation and FX implications:
- factors driving inflation higher including supply chain disruptions, pent up demand and base effects.
- the distinction between Demand Pull and Cost Pull inflation.
- The role of central banks and the new tolerance for higher inflation
- Implications for the USD and AUD.
- Demand and supply dynamics affecting clients in particular freight rates, raw imports and accessing supply.
- FX exporters and importers activity
- Effective FX hedging strategies used to help our clients manage their FX exposures.